Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum ranks in top ten U.S. public gardens | News
April is National Garden Month and a certain garden on the outskirts of Tucson made the top ten list.
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum was ranked fifth out of ten public gardens across the U.S., all according to reviews and opinions from those surveyed.
- Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay, Maine;
- Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania;
- Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis, Missouri;
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical gardens, San Marino, California;
- Brookgreen Gardens, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina;
- Hillwood Museum & Gardens, Washington D.C.;
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, Grand Rapids, Michigan;
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Durham, North Carolina;
- Chanticleer, Wayne Pennsylvania
Those who visit the ASDM are treated to more than 1,200 species of plants in the botanical garden alone. There are also nearly two miles of winding paths, where guests are encouraged to meander along the paths and see where it leads them. The ASDM is open year round and tickets are $14.50 for adults, and $5 for children ages 4 to 12, those under the age of three are free.