Drainage work scheduled on SR 86 near Kitt Peak turnoff | News
Motorists traveling on SR 86, just west of Sells can expect to encounter travel restrictions all week, as the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) continues to make drainage improvements on an eight-mile segment of the highway on the Tohono O’odham Nation.
SR 86 will be narrowed to one lane just west of the junction with SR 386, which leads to Kitt Peak, each day from Monday, July 29 through Friday, Aug. 2 from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. A pilot vehicle will guide motorists through the work area.
The posted speed limit approaching the work area will be reduced during work hours and motorists should be prepared for brief delays. ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, as well as to slow down and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1.
Upcoming Events near South West Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Missing St. David woman's vehicle found, search continues
- A Thanksgiving message from U.S. Rep. Ron Barber
- Copper Queen Community Hospital joins ECHO Program
- Douglas Ranger District offering fuelwood at Rustler Park
- Lane restrictions scheduled for I-10 project east of Tucson for next two weeks