ADOT continuing road work near Ajo next week | News
The Arizona Department of Transportation is continuing resurfacing work on a segment of SR 85 near the community of Ajo.
Crews are scheduled to work between 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, August 19 and Tuesday August 20. Drivers are advised there will be lane closures, and a pilot car will guide them through the work area.
Vehicle detector loops will also be installed on August 19 and 20, this will be done between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic past the work zone, during brief lane closures.
Crews are expected to stop work on Tuesday afternoon, and resume again after labor day weekend to apply final pavement markings.
Drivers are advised to follow the posted speed limits and to be alert for construction equipment and crews. Work can be canceled due to weather and equipment issues.
For more information about this project, call the ADOT project hotline at (855) 712-8530.
Upcoming Events near South West Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Missing St. David woman's vehicle found, search continues
- A Thanksgiving message from U.S. Rep. Ron Barber
- Copper Queen Community Hospital joins ECHO Program
- Douglas Ranger District offering fuelwood at Rustler Park
- Lane restrictions scheduled for I-10 project east of Tucson for next two weeks